The sport of horse trials as a whole relies on the generosity of its volunteers. Although it is a cliché, it is absolutely the truth – events would not be able to run without them, and we are incredibly grateful to them all. We are always happy to welcome new volunteers to our events. You do not need to have any experience and all necessary training will be given. We have a fantastic group of people who help at all our events, they create such camaraderie and everyone is so friendly, there really is a great feeling of being part of a team.
We are constantly in need of volunteers as there are a variety of roles available, these include:
• Fence judging
• Scoring team
• Cross country start and finish
• Dressage stewarding and writing
• Show jumping collecting ring steward
• Main arena party
FENCE JUDGE AND VOLUNTEER TRAINING DAY WITH ALEC LOCHORE
We will be hosting a training day for new and experienced volunteers on Thursday 8th February at Sussex Barn, Burnham Market, PE31 8JY. If you are interested in attending please click here for more details and booking.
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORMS 2018
Should you wish to volunteer at any of our events in 2018, please download, complete and return the relevant application form:
Barefoot Retreats Burnham Market International Horse Trials: 29th – 31st Match 2018
– Burnham Market – Volunteer Application Form
Whitfield Horse Trials: 24th – 25tth April 2018
– Whitfield – Volunteer Application Form
Saracen Horse Feeds Houghton International: 24th – 27th May 2018
– Houghton – Volunteer Application Form
Cholmondeley Castle Horse Trials: 28th – 29th July 2018
– Cholmondeley – Volunteer Application Form
Please Note: Although there is no BE age limit for officials, anyone over 75 years will not be covered by the BE personal accident insurance policy. As cross country fence judges need to be able to move quickly in an emergency (both physically and mentally) we would prefer that there were at least two people under 76 years of age at each fence. However we would welcome older cross country judges to make up a trio.
The sport of eventing relies heavily on volunteers and without such people like yourself, the events would be impossible to run. As such as a small token of our appreciation we have introduced a number of new volunteer benefits.
Tri-Star Eventing Prize Draws
We hold volunteer prize draws; these take place daily and cumulate with one at the end of the whole event. Entries will then be stored and entered in a large prize draw at the end the season, where there will be a number of great prizes on offer. Please ensure that you pick up an entry slip from your head of department, i.e. chief steward and submit them to the secretary’s office before you leave.
Start Fee Vouchers
All volunteers will be entitled to a £15.00 start fee voucher for each day of volunteering at a Musketeer British Eventing Affiliated Event. These vouchers can be redeemed on any start fee at any Musketeer Event (Burnham Market, Whitfield, Houghton, Cholmondeley, Burnham Market (2)).
Please be aware that the following conditions apply to the vouchers:
- Vouchers must be claimed at the event you are volunteering at. They are available from the secretary. Unfortunately vouchers cannot be issued retrospectively.
- Vouchers are not transferable and can only be used by the person named on the voucher. The volunteer must be either the rider, owner or parent of the rider, in order to redeem.
- Please be aware that there is an expiry date on the voucher. We are unable to redeem expired vouchers.
- Only one voucher can be used per transaction.
Thank You Gifts
This year we also have a small thank you gift for each volunteer, which will be distributed via your head of department, i.e. chief steward.
Course Walk at Burghley Horse Trials
We will host a course walk at Burghley Horse Trials on Thursday 30th August 2018, anyone who has volunteered at any of our 2018 events is welcome to join us.
TRI-STAR VOLUNTEER PRIZE DRAW 2017
The end of season Tri-Star Volunteer Prize Draw took place at Oasby Horse Trials on Sunday 15th October 2017. Congratulations to the winners:
– Mary Gardiner = Lycetts – Tour of Tattersalls Sales with Anna Goodley to include lunch
– Alison Monks = Mike Elvin & Co – Private consultation for a will
– Alison Dummer = Redhill Marina – Pink Wheelbarrow
– Carol Morgan = Pol Roger – Magnum of Champagne
– Venetia Richards = Barefoot Retreats – Weekend stay in Norfolk
– Sally Pearce = Blair Castle International Horse Trials – Camping and membership for the 2018 event
– Karen Raspin = Burgie House – Weekend stay in Scotland
Thank you to everyone who has helped at a Tri-Star Event in the 2017 season, we hope to see you back out there next year!
Photo caption: MEM volunteers enjoying a course walk with Angus Smales at 2017 Land Rover Burghley